My Guide Website?
South Tenerife: Beginners Scuba Diving Experience70 Reviews
Open the door to a magical underwater world with this beginners scuba diving experience. Encounter a multitude of local underwater wildlife, as you delve beneath the surface of Tenerife's waters.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tenerife:If youʻre booking your trip to Tenerife last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the fascinating underwater world of Tenerife
- Meet an abundance of marine life, shoals of roncadores, trumpet fish, rays, octopus to name just a few
- Dive with an experienced instructor to a maximum depth of 12 meters
- Feel safe and comfortable with the latest dive equipment used at the dive center
DescriptionThe beginners Discover Scuba program always starts at 9 AM at the dive center, with the exception if there is nothing setup prior with the customer, like pick up time or afternoon program. The dive center is located in El Fraile, a small distance away from Las Galletas on the southern end of Tenerife. The center is easy accessible with a rental car and there is ample parking space. If there is need for we can offer pick-up if your accommodation is situated in Las Americas, Los Cristianos, Palm Mar, Costa del Silencio or Las Galletas The program starts with a meet and greet, filling in the documents required for the program, explaining the time table, after that, you will receive a short introduction to the basic skills involved in scuba diving and the dive equipment that will be used during your dive experience. Together with one of the staff members, you will try the dive equipment for the dive and will get familiar with the equipment you are using before entering the water. The briefing is always given at the dive center by instructors or Discover Scuba leaders and the same dive professional(s) will join you for the dive activity. When everything is packed you will proceed to the chosen dive location. There you will receive a short recap of what is told at the dive center . Together with one of the staff members, you will prepare your dive equipment for the dive. Hands-on assembly of the gear yourself (under supervision) will get you familiar with the equipment you are using before you enter the water. Your professional dive guides will then show you how to get used to breathing using the scuba gear. Once in the water, there will be a few small exercises to make sure you are comfortable. Then, under close guidance, you will be free to explore the fascinating underwater world of Tenerife and say hello to the “colorful locals”. The dive is in general between 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the air consumption and comfort level. Upon return to the dive center, the staff will collect up and wash down all the equipment used. Once having returned, you will be free to ask questions or share your experience with others.
IncludesFree transport from the dive center to the dive site Briefing on the basic knowledge of scuba diving One dive between 40 minutes and 1 hour Rental of dive equipment Full cylinder Dive insurance
- You must be at least 10 years of age and comfortable in the water to participate in this tour
- This program is for non-certified divers
- A minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested before flying after diving.
- Pickup if your accommodation is in Las Americas, Los Cristianos, Palm Mar, Costa del Silencio and Las Galletas.
- Check-in time is 9 AM at the dive center except if the local partner has agreed otherwise.
- The local partner will inform you of the exact pickup time