The Five Most Refreshing Things to do in Tenerife this Summer
My Guide Tenerife shows you the hottest ways to cool off.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tenerife:If youʻre booking your trip to Tenerife last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
1. Arguably one of the best ways to view this paradise island and get a dose of balmy sea breeze is on a boat trip.
The only dilemma is choosing which to go on… So many marinas, so many boats, so much variety, so much ocean!
So let us help...
Fancy a day at sea on a luxury boat in Tenerife, glass of bubbly in hand, the endless expanse of deep blue overhead and the calm of ocean solitude ridding you of life's stresses?
Hire a private charter from as little as 46 Euros per person for three hours.
For an authentic sailing experience why not charter the rescue boat designed by legendary marine engineer Colin Archer in the 19th Century along with a trained crew who will literally show you the ropes.
If you want a bit more party with your boat trip, then we think the legendary Utopia Boat Party will be right up your canal.
Boats sail every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, with a max capacity of 100, so book quickly to get your ticket for the ultimate booze-filled boat party.
2. Another top pick for big kids, little ones and fun-seekers is a water sports package, from only 65 Euros each.
Zoom at high speeds along the waves on jet skis, bounce along behind a banana boat, whizz over the sea like iron man with a futuristic jetpack or float serenely through the air on a parasailing trip.
The options are endless and these ocean activities are the perfect way to cool off on these hot summer days in the fresh Atlantic Ocean.
3. Next on the list is the Lago Martiánez in Puerto de la Cruz; this fabulous water complex is made up of a lake-sized swimming pool, lagoons, fountains and plunge pools – all set amidst palm trees and overlooking the ocean.
The ‘Lake’ Martianez was designed by famous Lanzarote architect Cesár Manrique and also contains a few of his own sculptures. Definitely a very pleasant way to spend a balmy afternoon.
4. Forget Florida, you can find one of the world’s best water parks right here on the island… this awesome Thai themed water paradise boasts 185,000m2 of land, thrilling rides, seals, sharks and a tidal wave pool. Siam Park is simply an experience you won’t forget.
5. Last but not least, you’d be nuts not to spend the day dancing by sea at the infamous Monkey Beach Club, which opens its doors every summer to throw fabulous day and night time parties.