My Guide Website?
From Los Cristianos: La Gomera Island Full-Day Trip62 Reviews
Discover the island of La Gomera on a day trip from Tenerife. Enjoy breathtaking views at Palmarejo viewpoint, get back to nature at the Garajonay National Park, and sample traditional food in Agulo.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tenerife:If youʻre booking your trip to Tenerife last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Impressive view over the GARAJONAY National Park.
- Discover the laurel forest ecosystem.
- Relax in San Sebastian de La Gomera and see the Torre del Conde
- Stroll in Laguna Grande to discover the Laurisilva.
- Taste the typical food of La Gomera.
DescriptionExplore the Garajonay National Park and the Laurisilva forest. Discover the incredible view from the viewpoint of Valle Gran Rey. Visit the capital of San Sebastian de La Gomera from where Christopher Columbus departed to discover America, all in this VIP tour of La Gomera! The excursion starts when we finish the pick up. With an official guide we depart from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife South on board the Fred Olsen ferry to San Sebastian de La Gomera, capital of the island. From the port we head towards the center of the island discovering how the bio-climatic steps change from dry to humid. At the first stop we will stop in the area of the ancient super volcanoes to discover one of the most emblematic areas of La Gomera 'Roque de Agando', an impressive volcanic formation along with the other rocks, where we will also observe the phenomenon of horizontal rain. Entering the Garajonay National Park we will discover, surrounded by vegetation, the Laurisilva ecosystem, an ancient subtropical forest that existed when dinosaurs ruled the world. We will continue our tour outside the National Park in the rural area of Chipude where we will have time to taste some typical products of La Gomera and visit the church of Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria, 'one of the most important of the island'. Once on the bus we will arrive at El Cercado where we will visit the museum of the typical pottery, where women continue to keep alive a tradition of more than 500 years. Finally we will arrive at the viewpoint of Valle Gran Rey to admire one of the most beautiful canyons of La Gomera. We will resume our tour passing through the village of Las Hayas to return inside the park and make a stop at Laguna Grande, where we will have time for lunch in a typical Gomeran restaurant (lunch not included). During lunch you will have the opportunity to experience the 'silbo gomero' (unique whistled language in the archipelago). At the end we will walk along a circular path to see the Laurisilva forest up close. The next stop will be at the visitor center 'Juegos de bola' to visit the house of memory and even taste typical La Gomera cookies made with gofio. Finally, we will return to San Sebastian, passing through the northern villages of Agulo and Hermigua enjoying the beautiful scenery. In the capital we will have free time to visit historical buildings linked to the passage of Christopher Columbus before his departure to the American continent, such as the Torre del Conde or La Casa de Colón. At 17:30 we leave La Gomera to return to Tenerife.
IncludesHotel pickup and Drop-off from selected areas (Los Cristianos, las Americas y Costa Adeje, La Caleta, Playa Paraiso, and Callao Salvaje) Guide Ferry Transportation
- If the booking is done during the previous 24 hours of the excursion (or your pickup information is not provided then the pickup service will not be included, and your meeting point will be directly in Los Cristianos harbor at Fred Olsen´s office at 9:00 am The lunch menu: Soups and Stews: Traditional Stew with watercress (4,60€) Chickpeas (5,90€) Stew Laguna Grande (8,90€) Cold Appetizers: Almogrote with toasted pieces of bread (6,90€) Platter with canarian cheeses (8,90€) Warm Appetizers: Roasted chees with mojo rojo sauce (7,90€) Potatoes with millo corncobs and pork ribs (8,90€) Meat from the grill: Maxi Cutlet (for 2 persons) (24,00€) Fish: Codfish with onion sauce (9,90€) Mixed Grill Platters: Grilled meat (for 2 persons) (26,90€) Grilled fish (for 2 persons) (26,90€) Extras: French fries (3,80€) Papas arrugadas potatoes (3,90€) Potatoes chips with onions (2,50€) Extra bread (0,90€) Extra mojo sauce (1,00€) Desserts: Quesillo with palm honey (4,00€) Leche asada (4,00€)