Best Tapas Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Tenerife team
In bygone days before you could escape the cold climes of home in favour of the sun and sea promised from your Tenerife holiday, some bright spark came up with the idea of eating little portions of food instead of just one big dish.
The idea first came about when bar owners would put a little piece of salty ham over a wine glass to stop the pesky flies from getting in. The Spanish word for 'lid' is 'tapa', and these money conscious men discovered that eating salty ham was thirsty work and led to more orders. Eventually this evolved into an entire new way of eating.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Tenerife:If youʻre booking your trip to Tenerife last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Tenerife: 50-Minute Submarine Dive
- Tenerife: Loro Parque & Siam Park Combined Tickets
- Spain: Europe eSim Mobile Data Plan
- Tenerife: Full-Day Gastronomy and Wine Tour
- From Puerto de la Cruz: Teide and Masca VIP Tour