My Guide Website?
Tenerife: Sunset and Stargazing at Teide National Park269 Reviews
Explore stars and galaxies in the comfort of a small group tour. Go above the clouds, enjoy the sunset, then watch one of the clearest night sky in the world come alive at Teide National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tenerife:If youʻre booking your trip to Tenerife last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Soak in views of the stunning lava fields of Tenerife and Mount Teide
- Watch the sun go down over La Gomera, La Palma, and El Hierro
- Celebrate the sunset with a glass of Cava, a Spanish sparkling wine
- Learn about the star-studded sky through a laser pointer and telescope
- Take home a professional photograph of yourself under a blanket of stars
DescriptionYou will marvel at the sunset over the islands of La Palma, La Gomera and El Hierro from a viewpoint (1400m of elevation), right by a lava flow from a volcanic eruption noted in the ship's log by Cristopher Colombus in 1492. Every sunset is different! You can celebrate this unique experience and take pictures of the beautiful colors of the sky with the sun shining through a glass of Cava (Spanish sparkling wine) we provide. After sunset, we will transfer to another beautiful viewpoint just below 2000m for stargazing. Our guides will show you stars, constellations and planets using a laser pointer and their storytelling skills. We will explain how to find Polaris, the North Star, using the asterism in Ursa Major, and how to find the Andromeda galaxy using the great square of Pegasus, all while learning some Greek mythology. You will further enjoy the details of planets, galaxies, nebulae and star clusters through the 12' Dobsonian telescope we provide. Depending on the time of the year, you will see: - the Moon, which will be the main object in the sky the days before full moon (and for that, every month special offers apply - the planets and their features such as the rings of Saturn and the Galilean moons around Jupiter when they are visible in the sky (in the summer and autumn months), - beautiful galaxies, nebulae and star clusters such as the Pleiades, also known as the Seven Sisters in the constellation of Taurus (in winter). We will take photos of the guests individually using astrophotography techniques that show the blanket of stars above you. Free of charge! Finally, we will drive you back to your hotel with great memories!
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Stargazing tour Starlight-certified guide Use of a 12' telescope Guest photo using astrophotography techniques Warm jackets for cold nights Glass of cava (Spanish sparkling wine)
- This is not a dinner excursion but customers are welcome to bring snacks to eat during the tour Bookings made less than 24 hours before start time are subject to confirmation from the activity provider Kids under 7 years are not allowed (they are welcome with the self-driving option) Please make sure to provide a contact number that is available on Whatsapp to receive information from the activity provider (be aware that pick-up and meeting times change accordingly to the sunset time during the year!) If you want to know our cancellation policy in case of bad weather, contact us!