Mount Teide Observatory Guided Tour
Discover the largest solar observatory in the world on a 1.5-hour tour of Mount Teide Observatory. See the sunspots and solar flares through a professional scope, and get access to a professional night scope to know its history and learn how it works.
Are you a business owner in Tenerife?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tenerife.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Look at the sun safely through professional scopes at Mount Teide Observatory
- Learn how an observatory and astrophysicists work
- Visit one of the night scopes
- Watch a short video about the sky above the Canary Islands
DescriptionLearn how an observatory works on a 1,5-hour tour of Mount Teide Observatory on Spain’s tallest mountain and discover one of the highest volcanoes in the world. The Canary Islands has been named one of the 3 best spots in the world to observe the sky (along with Chile and Hawaii) and the Teide Observatory is currently the largest solar observatory in the world. It contains many solar and nocturnal telescopes, owned by various European countries. After a introduction about the different areas of the observatory, watch a short video about the Canary Islands' sky and learn how the scopes work at night. Then, an astronomy expert will explain what astrophysics is and how astrophysics work. Observe the sun through 2 different scopes; one to see the sunspots and the other for solar flares. Get into a professional scope to explore its history and understand how it works.
IncludesEntrance to Mount Teide Observatory Fully guided tour Use of 2 solar scopes Access to a professional night scope Tips Food and drink
- Please wear warm clothes and proper footwear. Please bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen when necessary • Teide's Observatory is located at an altitude of approximately 2,400 meters above sea level; an altitude at which oxygen diminishes. Groups will move about within the Observatory on gravel paths. For this reason it is not recommended for people with general physical problems (anaemia, cardio-pathologies, respiratory problems, etc.). If you are not sure if you should visit, consult your doctor
- Teide Observatory is in the area of Izaña. The entrance is located at 'Km. 37' on the TF-24 highway
- The visit of the Teide Observatory is not allowed for children under 8.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Tenerife Boat CharterIsland-wide, Island Wide
Fancy a day at sea on a luxury boat in Tenerife, glass of bubbly in hand, the endless expanse of deep blue overhead and the calm of ocean solitude.
Freebird CatamaranPuerto Colon, Costa Adeje
The Freebird Catamaran is a high quality boat excursion rated one of the best boat trips in Tenerife.
Submarine SafarisAmarilla Golf, South Coast
Exploring Tenerife doesn't get much more original than diving to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean on board a state-of-the-art submarine!
Steve Coster FitnessSan Eugenio Alto, Adeje
Exercise should be enjoyable, and available to everyone regardless of their current abilities.
Steve makes sure that getting (or keeping) fit is always fun and friendly, offering beach Boot Camp, Krav Maga, Personal Training & the best Fitness Holidays in Tenerife.
Centro Comercial El MiradorCosta Adeje, South Coast
Located in the premier resort of Playa del Duque, the bijou El Mirador Shopping Centre offers a unique shopping experience for the discerning traveller.
The New Karting Las AmericasFanabe, Costa Adeje
Test your driving mettle on Tenerife's newest and best outdoor karting track in the south of Tenerife.
Siam Park Tickets
Explore the Kingdom of Siam with a full-day entrance ticket to Siam Park Tenerife and experience the aquatic thrills of the Canary Islands best theme park. Feel the force182 ReviewsFrom €38.00
AqualandCosta Adeje, South Coast
Twisting slides, plunging chutes and lots of other splishy-splashy fun... Aqualand does exactly what it says on the tin but as waterparks go it offers much more!............
VIP Island Tour from Arona
Discover Tenerife on a VIP 4x4 tour with a driver. See the island's most beautiful areas, visit UNESCO-listed Teide National Park, and enjoy lunch.3 ReviewsFrom €84.53
Abrazo Catamaran Sailing and Whale Watching Excursion
Set sail in search of whales and dolphins on an elegant, comfortable catamaran in a small group (of 12 passengers max). Swim and snorkel in the bay, enjoy complimentary f11 ReviewsFrom €59.00